Try WeGottaEat on your iPhone

204 posts

Now you can browse your recipes from your iPhone. Just navigate to http://m.wegottaeat.com on Safari in you iPhone and sign in using your WeGottaEat.com username and password. Please consider this an early release, so you can expect some issues. You can only browse and search your recipes, adding and editing is not supported yet.

If this version goes well, we will likely provide more functionality and possibly an AppStore download. Please provide feedback in our forums.

TIP: For quick access to your recipes, after opening WeGottaEat on your iPhone, click the Plus button in Safari and choose Add to Home Screen.

37 posts
Cool! I just tried it out on my iPhone. Overall, looks pretty good. I'm excited to have this easier access for when I'm cooking or when I need to make a quick stop at the store. I will definitely use it.

Also looking forward to being able to use the recipe planner & shopping list in any future versions/apps!

2 posts
Thanks SOOOO much! Love it :)

1 posts
is the mobile version available for others too? Windows mobile for ex...?

204 posts
Sorry. The mobile version only works with the iphone for now.

3 posts
This looks great! I think I'll be using it often.

The search function seems to be broken. Is it supposed to search all recipes on WeGottaEat, or only in the section selected?

204 posts
It only searches your recipes, regardless what section is selected. Searching more recipes is something we'll keep in mind for future versions. Thanks

1 posts
How about an app for the android market as well?

204 posts
Well, we actually have one of our members trying his hand at creating an Android app for WGE. We've just heard from him today and he's making progress. We'll keep you posted.

1 posts
I would like an Android app as well. Having said that, the best alternative IMO is a mobile version of the website that works on ALL of the most common mobile devices (Apple and Android specifically). This would save a lot of duplicated effort that goes into creating applications for each platform. There can't be that many changes to make an iphone-compatible mobile site work on Android..."?

2 posts
As great as the webapp is, an iPhone app would be awesome!!

1 posts
I second the request for an Android version. Android phones are now 50% of the market.