1. Pat steaks dry with paper towel and season them with 1/2 tsp. salt. Let stand at room temperature while making the tomato sauce.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano and remaining salt, and the hot pepper. Stir in 1/4 c. water and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes, until the sauce thickens. During the last 5 minutes, stir in the parsley. Transfer the sauce to a bowl, and clean the skillet.
3. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steaks to the skillet and cook about 3 min on each side for medium-rare. Transfer to a carving board and let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Pour out the fat in skillet. Return the tomato sauce to skillet and bring to a simmer, scraping up browned bits. Remove from heat.
5. Hold the knife at an angle and cut steak across the grain in 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange on a platter, top with tomato sauce and serve.