2. Mix ketchup with onion soup mix. Add 1 cup of water or more to make it
3. Pour sauce over the meat, cover pan with foil, and marinate 12 to 24
hours in the fridge.
4. Place covered pan into a 275-degree oven and walk away for 6 to 8 hours,
depending on how large the brisket is. Check tenderness when brisket
has been cooking several hours: stick in two forks and pull in opposite
directions. Meat should come apart easily. Turn the brisket over mid-way, if you think of it.
5. When meat is done, remove from oven and place on a cutting board. Slice
against the grain; don't be disturbed if meat totally falls apart! That
means it's good.
6. Either return the sliced meat to the sauce until serving, or place
meat on a platter and spoon sauce over the top. Serve with a kosher-for-passover noodle kugel!