2 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs)
3lg eggs, at room temperature
1/2c canola oil
1/2c plain greek yogurt
1c whole wheat flour
2tsp baking powder
2tsp grated fresh ginger
2Tbs minced crystallized ginger
2tsp ground ginger
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into large chunks. Place in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Drain and puree in a blender or food processor. You should have 2c. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease two 8×4 loaf pans. Cut two strips of parchment paper to the width of the length of each pan. They should be long enough to hang over the edges of the pan. Line the pans with the parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the pureed sweet potato, eggs, honey, oil, and yogurt until well blended.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add the flour mixture to the sweet potato mixture and combine. Add the gingers and mix until just combined.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Start testing the loaves at 60 minutes.
7. Allow the loaves to cool in the pans for at least 20 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
Makes 2 loaves