Steak fries are a beloved side dish, perfect for pairing with a juicy burger, grilled chicken, or even a scrumptious veggie burger. The thick-cut fries are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and bursting with flavor. In this article, we’ll explore a Mrs. Dash Steak Fries recipe that introduces a zesty, salt-free seasoning blend to elevate the flavor of this classic side dish.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To prepare this delicious Mrs. Dash Steak Fries recipe, gather the following ingredients:
- 4 large Russet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Original Blend seasoning
- Optional: ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce
Preparing the Potatoes
Follow these steps to prepare the potatoes for your Mrs. Dash Steak Fries:
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Before you begin working with the potatoes, preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). This will ensure your oven is hot and ready for baking the fries once they’re prepared.
Step 2: Cut the Potatoes
After washing and scrubbing the potatoes, cut them into thick, even wedges. To do this, slice each potato in half lengthwise. Then, cut each half into 3-4 even wedges. This should give you 6-8 steak fries per potato.
Step 3: Soak the Potatoes (Optional)
For crispier steak fries, consider soaking the potato wedges in cold water for 30 minutes to an hour. This step helps remove excess starch from the potatoes, resulting in a better texture. After soaking, drain the water and thoroughly pat the potatoes dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
Seasoning and Baking the Steak Fries
Now that your potatoes are prepared, it’s time to season and bake them. Follow these steps to create mouthwatering Mrs. Dash Steak Fries:
Step 4: Season the Potatoes
In a large mixing bowl, combine the potato wedges, olive oil, and Mrs. Dash Original Blend seasoning. Toss the potatoes until they’re evenly coated with the oil and seasoning.
Step 5: Arrange the Potatoes on a Baking Sheet
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Arrange the seasoned potato wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each wedge to ensure even cooking.
Step 6: Bake the Steak Fries
Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the steak fries for 25-30 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and crispy on the outside. Halfway through the cooking time, flip the fries to ensure even browning.
Step 7: Serve and Enjoy!
Once the Mrs. Dash Steak Fries have reached the desired level of crispiness, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving. Serve them alongside your favorite main dish, with ketchup or another dipping sauce of your choice.
Additional Tips and Variations
To make this Mrs. Dash Steak Fries recipe even more exciting, consider trying these tips and variations:
- Experiment with different Mrs. Dash seasoning blends, such as Garlic & Herb, Onion & Herb, or Southwest Chipotle, to discover your favorite flavor combination.
- For an extra crispy texture, consider baking the steak fries on a wire rack instead of directly on the baking sheet.
- Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese or minced fresh herbs, like parsley or cilantro, to the fries right after they come out of the oven for an extra burst of flavor.
- If you’re looking to cut calories, try using an air fryer to cook the steak fries. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking times and temperatures.
- For a healthier option, substitute sweet potatoes for the Russet potatoes. Be aware that sweet potatoes may require a slightly longer baking time due to their denser texture.
This Mrs. Dash Steak Fries recipe is a simple and delicious way to add a flavorful twist to a classic side dish. By using Mrs. Dash Original Blend seasoning, you can create a zesty and salt-free alternative to traditional steak fries. Customize the recipe with different seasoning blends, toppings, or even by swapping in sweet potatoes for a unique and tasty variation.
Whether you’re hosting a casual barbecue, planning a family dinner, or just craving a satisfying snack, these Mrs. Dash Steak Fries are sure to become a favorite in your household. Pair them with your favorite main dish and dipping sauce, and enjoy the perfect combination of crispy, tender, and flavorful goodness.