2 lbs sirloin steak or other beef cut
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
dash cayenne pepper
1 large sweet onion
2 bell peppers, red or green
1. 1. Trim the beef and cut it into 1 to 1-1/2 inch cubes. Salt the meat and set it aside.
2. Prepare the marinade by mixing the vinegar, oil, seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and peppers together. Add the meat to the marinade, cover the dish, and let it sit int he refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
3. When it is time to prepare the meal, prep the vegetables: Quarter the onion vertically adn then cut the layers into squares about the size of the meat. Seet and cut the peppers into square pieces.
4. To make the shish kabobs, thread the meat, alternating with the vegetables, onto skewers.
5. Preheat te oven to 400 degrees.
6. Place an oven-proof cooling rack on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. This method will work best if the rack sits an inch or so off the pan to allow air to circulate under the rack and cook the food from below.
7. Place the shish kabobs ont he rack and bake until done, about 15 minutes. Using an open rack with space beneath for air circulation, there is no need to turn the shish kabobs.